One Source Aug 20 Composite 600 final

Tower Hamlets July 20 Composite 600

Slide background
Slide background
Slide background
Slide background
Slide background

Borough in claim against county over £200k it says was to go on mitigation works

Maidstone Borough Council has launched a judicial review challenge over Kent County Council’s decision to use £200,000 that the borough insists was intended for road mitigation works for a feasibility study into a bypass, it has been reported.

According to the website for the Kent Messenger, Maidstone believed the money was to be spent on junction improvements at Sutton Road. However, Kent is reported to be spending the money on the feasibility study for the Leeds/Langley Bypass.

The Leader of Maidstone, Cllr Martin Cox, told the Kent Messenger that the legal action had been unanimously supported by all five political groups on the borough.

The paper claimed there had been a gentleman’s agreement that the two authorities would not give a public statement on the dispute.

A spokeswoman for Maidstone said it had not issued an official statement but added that the information had been given to the Kent Messenger “in direct response to misinformation circulated in the media.”

Kent County Council has been approached for comment.

Slide background