The essential, plain English guide to Court of Protection law & practice.
Revised 1st edition out now - updated to reflect the 2017 Rules & Practice Directions
Court of Protection Made Clear: A User's Guide aims to help everyone involved in Court of Protection proceedings.
The book deliberately sets out to bridge the gap between the people using the Court and the professionals who advise them so that all involved can make fully informed decisions about money and welfare at what can be a stressful time.
Using plain English, it demystifies the law, language and procedure and is enhanced by a raft of invaluable flowcharts, tables and model documents that help put the guidance into practice.
While accessible to the non-lawyer the book also provides the professional legal adviser with a quick, clear first point of reference.
This revised 1st edition has been fully updated to reflect the new Court of Protection Rules and Practice Directions released and in force from late 2017.
Mr Justice Keehan
Who would find the book useful?
The Court of Protection Made Clear is deliberately written to bridge the gap between the people using the Court and the professionals who advise them.
It is accessible to the non-lawyer but also provides the professional legal adviser with a quick, clear first point of reference.
It will therefore be an essential reference for all:
- care home managers and senior staff
- local authority staff working in elderly care services
- other professionals acting as deputies or advising on family affairs
- individuals who have become involved in Court of Protection proceedings for whatever reason
- private client & family lawyers undertaking Court of Protection work
- Claire Wills-Goldingham QC, barrister, Colleton Chambers
- Marie Leslie, barrister, Colleton Chambers
- Dr Paul Divall
Cost: £30 (Print) (free digital edition worth £30* with all pre-publication orders)