Law firm Clarke Willmott has bolstered its social housing practice with the appointment of 11 new team members.
The hires include:
- Partner Hannah Langford, who was previously a property and contracts lawyer at Clarion Housing, one of the UK’s largest social housing providers.
- Senior Associates Joanna Jackson, previously a specialist at Devonshires, and Angela Byrne who has 25 years’ experience in social housing litigation.
- Associate Muzammel Mian, an experienced social housing solicitor previously with the Metropolitan Housing Trust.
- Solicitors Sarah Cave, who has previously worked in Devonshires property team, Victoria Smith who worked for social housing specialists Glazer Delmar, and Alexis Campbell who comes from Simply Social Housing Limited.
- Trainee legal executive Nafisa Bibi, previously in house at social housing provider Guinness.
- Three new paralegals: Ashleigh Draper, Cecilia Fletcher and Laura Rolls.
Clarke Willmott said that, following some recent departures, it had taken “the opportunity to re-shape and grow the team”, which has a presence in each of its seven offices.
Kary Withers, Sector Head of Social Housing at the firm, said: “Over the past six months we have been reshaping our social housing team into specialist units and recruiting fresh, talented industry experts.
“We wanted individuals who have actually worked in the sector for social housing providers. They are best able to understand the needs of our clients as they have been there at the coal-face and understand the challenges that our clients wrestle with every day.”