One of the largest social housing groups in the West Midlands has named seven law firms to a refreshed legal panel.
WM Housing Group owns and manages around 30,000 homes across Herefordshire, Worcestershire, Birmingham, Coventry and the wider West Midlands.
The successful firms following “a robust process” were: Anthony Collins; Capsticks; Clarke Willmott; Devonshires; Freeths; Trowers & Hamlins; and Wragge Lawrence Graham & Co.
They have agreed to make a range of added value and social value offers.
The added values offers were: lot-specific training programmes; access to legal seminars; legal surgeries; secondments and mentoring; access to a secure extranet facility/file sharing portal; access to a knowledge databank; legal health checks; monthly e-alerts and briefings; and contribution to internal reviews and strategic meetings.
The social value offers were: practical guidance and training on social value; accessibility of administrative vacancies, work experience/ placements to WMHG customers and their families; CV analysis, interview preparation for WMHG customers; pro bono legal drop-in sessions for WMHG customers; and identification, measurement and reporting of the social impact of the provision of their services to WMHG.
The appointments for each lot were as follows:
- Lot 1 - Corporate Governance: Anthony Collins LLP; Capsticks Solicitors LLP; Devonshires Solicitors; Trowers & Hamlins LLP.
- Lot 2 - Housing Management: Capsticks Solicitors LLP; Trowers & Hamlins LLP; Anthony Collins LLP.
- Lot 3 - General Property: Capsticks Solicitors LLP; Devonshires Solicitors; Trowers & Hamlins LLP; Anthony Collins LLP.
- Lot 4 - Development, Construction and Regeneration: Capsticks Solicitors LLP; Anthony Collins LLP; Devonshires Solicitors; Clarke Willmott; Trowers & Hamlins LLP.
- Lot 5 - Treasury and Finance: Anthony Collins LLP; Devonshires Solicitors; Wragge Lawrence Graham & Co; Trowers & Hamlins LLP.
- Lot 6 – Employment: Anthony Collins LLP; Freeths LLP; Capsticks Solicitors LLP.
- Lot 7 - Procurement, Data Protection and Health & Safety: Anthony Collins LLP; Trowers & Hamlins LLP; Capsticks Solicitors LLP
The new arrangements started on 1 April 2015. The procurement was led by Jenny Howarth, Assistant Director – Procurement.