The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead is inviting tenders for the provision of £1.28m-worth of legal services for Adults and Children's Social Care.
The council said the legal service would need to include these key elements for children's services:
- Advice and guidance on legal cases within children's services;
- Representations in court a required;
- Good working relationships with chambers to enable a responsive partnership style relationship;
- Weekly legal workshops for children's care management staff to be held at the Town Hall;
- Representation for fostering and adoption case;
- Support staff with legal queries and nuances of law that take place;
- Advice on complaints in relation to children's services;
- Advice and representation in relation to judicial review.
For adult social care services, the service would need to cover the following key elements:
- Advice and representation for adult social care;
- Advice and representation in relation to judicial review;
- Advice on complaints in relation to adult social care;
- Legal training for staff in relation to adult social care;
- Advice on complaints and responding to data information requests where appropriate.
The contract is for three years with an option for extend for a further 12 months. It has an estimated value excluding VAT of £1.28m.