Location: Ashworth Centre, The Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn, London WC2A 3TL
Five Paper’s team of Property & Housing barristers presents a one-day conference for housing lawyers working with local authorities, RPs and in private practice.
The conference will address a number of current issues facing housing lawyers and an update of recent developments in housing law.
The day will feature seminars and workshops, led by members of Five Paper’s Property team, in which delegates will discuss the practical application of the law in small groups. Topics include:
– Housing Law Round-up – An examination of the most significant housing law decisions in the last two years
– Draft Orders – A practical workshop on how to draft orders in a variety of contexts: Settling disrepair claims, Injunctions, directions for expert evidence etc.
– Suitability – the ever-increasing burden on Local Housing Authorities providing accommodation for the homeless
– Variable nature of leases – reasonable adjusts, discretion & alterations
– Disrepair, Specific Performance & Committal – A best practice guide on how to ensure compliance with settlement agreements
– CPR hacks – A tour of underused and misunderstood CPR provisions
– The Debt Respite Scheme (Breathing Space Moratorium and Mental Health Crisis Moratorium) (England and Wales) Regulations 2020-an examination of the scheme and how it is applied in practice
– G100 Ltd v Laleva and the test under CPR 55.8 – An interactive exploration of what does and doesn’t have a reasonable prospect of success
The conference will be held at the Ashworth Centre, in The Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn, London WC2A 3TL. Please enter through the main gatehouse, a map is attached. Five Paper has contracted with Lincoln’s Inn for the hire of Inn facilities but is not part of or an agent for the Inn.
The conference will provide 5 hours CPD.
The cost per person is £95 plus VAT.