Cost: from £205 + VAT
Speaker: Emily Gasson
This course will guide you through the latest developments in social landlord, tenant and leasehold law and practice, highlighting the potential pitfalls in legislation and the challenges uncovered by recent cases. The course will cover:
- Recent housing management cases including anti-social behaviour, succession and possession
- An update on rent arrears
- The impact of the latest cases on the public sector equality duty and the Equality Act.
- Succession and service of notices on death of a tenant
- Flexible tenancies: when and how they can be terminated in light of recent cases
- It will also consider:
- Service charges and legal costs
- Repair versus replacement
- The latest guidance on leasehold extensions
- Interim service charge
- RTB leases and service charge
- Breach of terms in shared ownership leases and the remedies available
The course will include the latest procedural cases in the first tier tribunal, together with newer areas for dispute like district heat networks and service charge, and the relationship between NHBC and service charge.