Speakers: Matt Lewin, John Fitzsimons and Dr Christina Lienen.
An email sent to the wrong recipient. A laptop stolen from a car.
Mistakes happen – but should controllers be required to routinely pay thousands of pounds in damages and even more in legal costs for low-level personal data breaches?
In this 1 hour webinar, some members of the Cornerstone Barristers' Information Law team will discuss the growth area of data protection litigation and key lessons for defending these claims in light of a number of important High Court decisions in 2021.
• How do we minimise the costs of defending data protection claims?
• How much compensation should we pay for a personal data breach?
• What other factors are important when considering settling a claim?
• When is a personal data breach trivial or de minimis?
• Where should data protection claims be heard?
• What track should data protection claims be assigned to?
The webinar will address these and other questions in a practical and straightforward way to give you the understanding and tools needed to respond to trivial and/or seemingly opportunistic data protection claims.
This webinar was originally meant to take place in December 2021. If you have registered already, you don't need to do anything, we have your booking.