We are delighted to announce the speakers and topics for Chambers' Annual Compulsory Purchase and Compensation Seminar to be held on Monday 11 October 2021. It will be held as a hybrid event enabling either in-person or virtual attendance.
Our 2021 seminar will concentrate on topical subjects with focussed sessions in one afternoon - ideal for busy practitioners. The seminar should be of benefit to all those working in this field, including acquiring authority officers, solicitors, surveyors, planners, accountants and developers.
The seminar will be chaired by Richard Glover QC.
Confirmed speakers and topics
• The Use of Arbitration in Compulsory Purchase and Compensation Disputes - Richard Honey QC and Guy Roots QC
• Estate Regeneration CPOs - Melissa Murphy and Jonathan Welch
• Planning value post-Curzon: Opportunities, Risks and Loose Ends - James Pereira QC and Caroline Daly
• Blight - Meyric Lewis
• Compulsory Acquisition in Development Consent Orders: Practice and Recent Trends - Andrew Fraser-Urquhart QC
• Case Law Update - Rebecca Clutten
Timings: Registration from 1.30pm. Seminar: 2.00pm - 5.30pm followed by a drinks reception.
Venue: IET Savoy Place- 2 Savoy Place, London, WC2R 0BL.
This will be held as a hybrid event enabling either in-person or virtual attendance. Please confirm to CPT events if you will attend in person or virtually on receipt of joining instructions. Savoy Place is a Covid-19 secure venue and is currently operating reduced capacities for in-person audiences . As such, the number places for in-person attendance at this seminar is restricted so it is advisable to book early to secure a place.
CPD: 2.5 points
Cost: The charge for this seminar is £99 + VAT per attendee for both in-person and virtual attendance. By booking three delegates at the same time, you will automatically be entitled to a special rate of three delegates for the price of two. Payment can be made online at the time of booking, or later by invoice, but must be received prior to the event.
Booking: Places can be booked online through CPT events.